OHSAS 18001 - Safety Management System
OHSAS 1800:2007 Occupational, Health and Safety Management Certification is an internationally standard which provides a framework to identify, control and decrease the risks associated with health and safety within your company. Implementing the standard will send a clear signal to your stakeholders that you view employee’s health and safety as a principal priority within your company.
An increasing number of organisations are completing OHSAS 18001 Certification as employers are under increasing pressure to ensure that a rigorous health and safety policy is in place which protects employees against possible occupational risks and reduces the likelihood of accidents in the workplace. By planning ahead a company can also reduce the potential for medical and compensation claims.
The OHSAS 18001 standard provides organisations with a framework for health and safety management helping them to:
- Identify, minimise and control health and safety risks
- Conform to health and safety legislation
- Protect the wellbeing of employees.
OHSAS 18001 is the internationally recognised Occupational Health and Safety Standard that's suited to all businesses - large or small - helping reduce the risk of accidents and breaches in legal requirements.
Key benefits of the OHSAS 18001 standard include:
- Improved corporate image and credibility among stake holders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and the public
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management
- Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the public
- Minimisation of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing and elimination workplace hazards
- Improves the incident investigation process
- Increases employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process